LinkedIn Logo

Payroll Services Letter 05-25.2: Transfer-In Temporary Leave Balances


Payroll Services Letter 05-25.2: Transfer-In Temporary Leave Balances

Number: PS05-25.2

Date: June 16, 2008 (Revised May, 2009)

Subject: Transfer-In Temporary Leave Balances

Category: Leave

Reference: PS05-25.1, Subject: Transfer-In Temporary Leave Balances, dated June 16, 2008. PS05-25.2 supersedes PS05-25.1. Please replace that letter with this one.


This letter provides a new procedure for establishing temporary leave balances for employees transferring to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). This procedure is being implemented as part of the conversion of the HHS payroll system to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).

_ _ _

For temporary leave balance adjustments (to allow transfer-in employees to use leave before their SF-1150 is processed), Payroll Liaisons should verify the leave from the employee's last pay statement and send a request to their Payroll Customer Service Team for processing. The request must be sent electronically through the Peregrine system. Use the Peregrine classification - Category: LEAVE Subcategory:TRANSFER-IN/SF-1150. The first line of the description field must indicate Temporary Leave update and should include the annual and sick leave balances.

Temporary leave balances can be updated in the payroll system for annual and sick leave only. For other categories of leave and for transfer-in to the employee’s permanent record, HR Centers must submit a copy of the SF-1150 form (Record of Leave Data) directly to the DFAS payroll office. For more information, see Payroll Services Letter PS05-21.2: SF-1150 Record of Leave Data (Transfer-In).

The Payroll Customer Service Team must receive requests that should be processed in the current pay period by close of business Wednesday, the second week of the pay period. If the request is not received by this cut-off and annual and/or sick leave is submitted on the time and attendance record, the DFAS payroll system will reject the hours and charge the leave to Leave Without Pay.

For further assistance or for questions regarding the information in this letter, please contact your Customer Service Team in the Payroll Services Division.