Service Director’s Corner
Earl Pinto, Director,
Acquisition Management Services, PSC
PSC 2017 IDIQ Small Business Industry Day a Tremendous Success
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), and Program Support Center (PSC) held the inaugural PSC Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Small Business Industry Day 2017, at the Hubert H. Humphrey Great Hall in Washington, D.C., on April 5, 2017.
This event was specifically designed to give small business awardees under PSC’s IDIQ contract and HHS program staff an opportunity to meet in person, learn more about PSC’s IDIQ procurement landscape, share ideas in an open dialogue, discuss needs and capabilities, and engage with PSC procurement staff providing support under this contract.
- John A. Bardis, Assistant Secretary for Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Michelle Street, Ph.D., Deputy Director, Office of Small Business and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Earl Pinto, Director, Acquisition Management Services, Program Support Center
- Dwight D. Deneal, Team Lead / Small Business Specialist, Office of Small Business and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Patrick Joy, Head of Contracting Activity, Program Support Center
Attendees gave high marks to this event:
- The speakers and executives demonstrated their support of HHS OSDBU and PSC initiatives for the department.
- Program staff gained valuable insight into the capabilities of many of the small business IDIQ awardees, learning about their offerings, while gaining a better understanding of their solutions.
- Vendors found the face-to-face matchmaking to be ideal — “There is no substitute for that.”
HHS OSDBU and PSC were happy to welcome HHS agencies and small businesses, helping to facilitate one-on-one meetings to discuss acquisitions support and vendor capabilities for business needs. We look forward to seeing you next year at PSC IDIQ Small Business Industry Day 2018!
Acquisition point of contact (APOC) calls are held the third Thursday of each month at 2 p.m. E.T. The next call is scheduled for April 20 (due to a scheduling conflict, it will begin at 3 p.m.). If you wish to be included on the invite, please contact Darryl Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.