Fourth Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016, Vol. 4
Service Director’s Corner
Earl Pinto, Director,
PSC Acquisition Management Services
Increased Focus on the Customer Experience
“The feedback we have received from our customers as a result of focusing on the customer experience has reinforced the importance of continual communication with each customer through face-to-face meetings, conference calls, newsletters, emails, status updates, and any other means to ensure that all concerns are addressed promptly and to highlight processes most beneficial to them. You can expect further improvements in this regard in fiscal year 2017.”
Actions taken by PSC Acquisition Management Services in FY 2016 to improve the customer experience include:
Performance Metrics Established:
- Acquisition Management Services agrees to respond to customer within one business day 95 percent of the time.
- Acquisition Management Services shall notify the customer of the assigned specialist within three business days of receipt of a complete requisition 95 percent of the time.
- Acquisition Management Services shall notify the customer within three business days of any staffing changes affecting a contract action 95 percent of the time.
Acquisition Management Services shall award 95 percent of the customer’s FY 2016 contract actions by September 23, 2016.
Communication with Customers Enhanced:
- Monthly acquisition point of contact calls
- Bi-weekly updates of high-priority requirements
- Increased access to the Annual Acquisition Planning Module
- New customer dashboards available online
- Quarterly issuance of PSC Acquisition Management Services newsletter
- Face-to-face meetings
Acquisition Processes/Templates Standardized:
- Acquisition process flowchart with supporting text
- Solicitation templates
- Source Selection plan templates and standard operating procedures for evaluations
- Streamlined Acquisition Plan for requirements less than $50 million
- Documentation requirements for submission in UFMS/iProcurement for new awards and modifications
- Additional acquisition-related tools/resources uploaded into PSC’s Acquisition Management Services website