Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016, Vol. 3
Service Director’s Corner
Earl Pinto, Director,
PSC Acquisition Management Services
Coming in June - Customer Dashboards
We are pleased to announce that our efforts to increase transparency in the acquisition process will soon come to fruition with the release of Customer Dashboards, offering numerous benefits, including:
- Greater visibility to our workload module
- Summaries of the status of contract actions
- Total obligations to date
- Listings of active or expired contracts
Most dashboard items will feature drill down capabilities to access milestone data, award information, and copies of awards.
Streamlined Acquisition Plan for Acquisitions Valued at Less Than $50 Million Issued
When is an Acquisition Plan (AP) required?
A written AP is required for all contract awards, including the issuance of orders, with an estimated value (inclusive of options) greater than the Simplified Acquisition Threshold (SAT) of $150,000.
- Not required for modifications unless they are out-of-scope modifications valued at greater than the SAT
When may I use the streamlined Acquisition Plan?
The streamlined AP template may be used in support of contract awards, including the issuance of orders, with an estimated value (inclusive of options) less than $50M.
- APs with an estimated value equal to or greater than $20M, but less than $50M, must be approved and signed by the Head of the Contracting Activity, Patrick Joy, who will forward the approved and signed AP to the Office of Grants and Acquisition Policy and Accountability at HHS.
How can I obtain a copy of the Streamlined Acquisition Plan?
Copies were disseminated to CORs on April 6, 2016, and were included in the agenda for the last acquisition point of contact (APOC) call, which was held on April 21, 2016. If you would like a copy, please contact our Customer Liaison, Darryl Grant, at 301-443-4795 or at email@example.com.
What AP template do I use if the requirement is anticipated to be valued at $50 million or more?
The HHS AP template found at http://intranet.hhs.gov/abouthhs/contracts-grants-support/acquisition-policies-guidance/acquisition-worktools/index.html must be used for all contract awards with an estimated value greater than or equal to $50M (including all options).
- All APs above this threshold must be approved by the HHS Senior Procurement Executive, Dr. Angela Billups, prior to submission to our office, as stated in the HHS Directive for Acquisition Planning.
Please See Resources Available at PSC’s Acquisition Website:
- FY 2016 PSC acquisition deadlines
- An updated listing of our PSC Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity Task Order Contracts and as a fact sheet on the services it offers
- Links to the HHS Acquisition work tools, such as the HHS Acquisition Strategy and Acquisition Plan, with associated templates
- Acquisition Process Flowchart, including supporting text
- Federal contracting highlights, including Procurement Acquisition Lead Times (PALTS), depending on the type of requirement (streamlined/negotiated)
- Annual Acquisition Planning Program Office User Guide, including tutorials for navigating the Annual Acquisition Planning module and as a fact sheet on the module
- Links to Acquisition Regulations (i.e. FAR, HHSAR), procurement codes (i.e. Product and Service Codes, NAICS, SAM), the HHS Small Business Program, HHS Smarter Buyer Programs (Strategic Sourcing Vehicles), and additional resources
Documentation Requirements for New Awards
All procurement package submissions in UFMS/iProcurement for new awards, irrespective of the estimated price/cost, should include the following:
- Purchase description [specifications, Statement of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statement (PWS), or Statement of Objective (SOO)]
- List of deliverables
- Evaluation criteria for competitive acquisitions
- Justification and Approval document for non-competitive, competitive, or brand-name requirements
- Special proposal instructions, if applicable
- An Independent Government Cost Estimate
A completed and approved written AP is required if over the Simplified Acquisition Threshold (SAT) of $150,000.
What documentation is required for modifications?
Documentation requirements for modifications were also addressed during the recent APOC call. If you would like a copy, please contact our Customer Liaison, Darryl Grant, at 301-443-4795 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.