First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016, Vol. 1
Celebrating the Fiscal New Year with Acquisition Strategy Updates for You!
Earl Pinto, Director,
PSC Acquisition Management Services
Happy New Fiscal Year! At PSC Acquisition Management Services, we’re ringing in the 2016 fiscal year with exciting news for our customers.
Here’s what’s new:
- Increased Micro-purchase Threshold: The limit has been raised from $3,000 to $3,500.
- Acquisition 360-Degree Surveys: We created an open dialogue and improved the acquisition process by implementing a series of surveys. This gives you the opportunity to provide direct feedback so we can deliver a 360-degree view of the pre-award and debriefing process.
- Customer Dashboards: We increased transparency by providing customers with more visibility into our workload module, summarizing the status of requirements, obligations to date, as well as active or expired contract listings. Most dashboard items will feature drill-down capability to milestone data, award information, and a copy of the award.
- Acquisition Strategy and Acquisition Planning: The Acquisition Strategy is a Program Office document created by a Certified FAC-P/PM explaining on a conceptual basis the overall mission and business need. Built upon that Acquisition Strategy, the FAC-COR is now required to submit a written Acquisition Plan for all new awards over $150,000. For additional information, (HHS customers only) visit the HHS Acquisition Worktools Web page.
New Fiscal Year 2016 Acquisition Deadlines
To ensure timely awards by Fiscal Year end, the Acquisition Management Service has established the following Fiscal Year 2016 deadlines for receipt of properly completed and approved acquisition requirements package:
- March 14, 2016 – All Competitive Contracts with a total value estimated at $5,000,000 or more (inclusive of options)
- April 6, 2016 – All Competitive Contracts with a total value estimated under $5,000,000 (inclusive of options)
- May 23, 2016 – All Competitive Task/Delivery Orders.
- June 13, 2016 – All Non-Competitive Contracts, Non-competitive Task/Delivery Orders and Modifications
- June 20, 2016 – Simplified Acquisitions estimated between $25,001 and $150,000 (including all options)
- July 8, 2016 – Contract Options that need to be exercised by September 30 (assumes a 60-day notice period)
- July 25, 2016 – Simplified Acquisitions estimated between $3,501 and $25,000 (including all options)
- August 24, 2016 – Micro-purchases of $3,500 or less which cannot be bought using a purchase card
Employees Honored with the Commander’s Coin
PSC staff were honored as recipients of the commander’s coin by Major General Robert M. Haire, Director of the Reserve Integration Office of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). Earl Pinto, Director, PSC Acquisitions Management Services, presented the coin to PSC acquisition staff Don Hadrick, Patrick Joy, Joseph Pirrone, David Wilhelm, and Melissa Cline for exceeding all expectations in the timely acquisition of setting up a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF).
The team was recognized for their steadfast efforts, laying the groundwork to enable the DIA and U.S. Military Reserve Components to modernize and sustain video teleconferencing and infrastructure support systems, and expertly handling the transfer of funds needed to execute these systems — completed within 45 days.
Major General Haire acknowledged their service in a personal letter, writing, “This support was vitally needed by the Joint Reserve Intelligence Program as part of ongoing efforts to rebalance national military assets to the Pacific. Please accept my congratulations for the magnificent work performed by your staff, and pass on my thanks to them for a job well done.”
These dedicated employees were recognized not only for their positive contributions and commitment to PSC and its customers, but also their willingness to go above and beyond to fulfill our customers’ unique needs. We congratulate Don, Patrick, Joe, David, and Melissa for a great job!
Check Out What Our Customers Are Saying
“I'm acknowledging PSC for consistently excellent work. I admire how your staff shines in times of uncertainty, during transitional periods, and when dealing with difficult customers. Not only does PSC have a solid understanding of contract law and policies, but they offer exceptional customer service, responsiveness, perception, calmness, patience, and solutions.”
— Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
“...[PSC] stepped in to support us at the eleventh hour…and finally ensured that this contract was awarded before the October 1 deadline. Every day, I became more and more impressed and grateful...”
— Director at the Office of the Surgeon General
“Thanks so much for your assistance during the acquisition process and for completing the award in a timely fashion. We could not have done it without PSC’s dedication, attention to detail during document reviews, and timely and clear communications.”
— Office of the Inspector General
“I want to send a big “THANK YOU” to PSC! Your staff always provides very helpful guidance, answers my questions, and assists on procurement issues. You’ve been a big help more times than you realize!”
— Administrative Operations Portfolio
Our IDIQ Contract Vehicles are Developed to Serve You
It’s the first quarter of the new fiscal year and your agency needs to fulfill requirements. Don’t fret ― PSC is here to help!
Our Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Task Order Contracts are an easy-to-use, strategic sourcing vehicle, which offers agencies access to a diverse group of 125 well-qualified small and large businesses to procure services. Our streamlined approach will save you time and budgets, and the savings will flow down to you so you can apply funds to support your agency’s core mission.
PSC IDIQ has seven main service areas for this vehicle: policy and program assessments; evaluation design efforts; evaluations and data collection; performance measurement; technical assistance and expertise; data analysis; and small auxiliary support services which consist of translation/interpretation, website support, production and distribution of publications.
You reap the benefits with PSC contracting officers evaluating companies who respond to a solicitation based on best value, technical capability, and cost. PSC utilizes FAR Part 16.5 Task Orders which make the awards mostly immune from protest so you get the services faster.
Look for the PSC IDIQ contractor holder logo to see if a company you want to work with is a PSC IDIQ partner, or check the list on our website. A PSC IDIQ contract holder can also team up with another company to provide a comprehensive solution for you.
PSC has capability statements for each company. The statements were created exclusively for the PSC IDIQ, providing details what the companies can do so they hit on the domains of the scope of work. To access the list, contact us at email@example.com.