This is incorrect.
Per the HHS Travel Policy, overnight stay for Local Travel can be requested if ALL of the following criteria are met:
1) The agency had no input into the site selection.
2) The assignment will last at least 4 consecutive days and will require at
least 9 ½ hours of work each day.
3) It is clearly within the government’s interest and its mission to permit
the employee to stay overnight.
4) The employee would be required to drive at least 80 miles each way
from his/her residence to the meeting location.
5) Significant safety issues are raised by the amount of work and amount
of driving required of the employee.
Although Robert's training session takes place over 5 consecutive days, he does not meet any of the required criteria for an overnight stay.
Select the Next button to help Robert create a Voucher for this month's travel.