PSC’s Division of Cost Allocation (DCA) provides negotiation services for indirect cost rate proposals and cost allocation plans. For more than 40 years, DCA has reviewed the cost allocation methods and practices of entities that receive federal funds to ensure that indirect costs paid by the federal government are fair, equitable, and in accordance with federal regulations.
Services offered include:
- Review and negotiation of indirect cost rates for colleges and universities, hospitals, non-profit organizations, and state agencies
- Review and negotiation of statewide cost allocation plans and public assistance cost allocation plans, fringe benefit rates, research patient care rates, and special rates
- Resolution of audit findings on cost allocation plans and indirect cost rates
- Review and approval of Cost Accounting Standards Board Disclosure Statement (Forms CASB DS-1 and DS-2)
- Provision of technical assistance and guidance on matters relevant to cost allocation methods affecting grant programs through personal contact or through the DCA website
- Provision of recommendations on improving grantee accounting systems to support cost allocations
- Provision of operational assistance in developing government-wide and department-wide accounting policies, procedures, and regulations
All federal agencies
85% of indirect cost rate proposals will be reviewed and negotiated within 180 days of receipt.
85% of statewide and public assistance cost allocation plans will be reviewed and negotiated within 360 days of receipt.
100% of facilities and administrative (indirect) cost proposals for first-time grant recipients will be reviewed within 90 days of receipt.
95% of first-time grantees will have at least a 5% rate reduction in their proposed facilities and administrative (indirect) cost rate.